Monday, April 25, 2011

I was so ready to give my decision, but why haven’t you called?

This thought had been running around in my head for the past few days, and I could go insane if I didn’t write it. So, bare with me… I am currently in a career crossroad. At my age, I still have the chance to work in a different company, with the similar job description like my current company, but with more focus on something.

I’ve undergone my job interview, and got a positive response from them. Four days after the interview, I got a phone call from the company. He, who represents the company, asked me about the possibility to join the company.

He asked me to reconsider because he knew that I’m a permanent worker in my current working place.  If I joined the company, I will start as a contract-based worker. My biggest mistake was I didn’t ask for more information for me to reconsider. Such an imbecile..

He said that he will explain every detail about the job once I passed the medical test. He said he’s going to call on Monday. I assume that I got 50% chance of getting accepted into that company. But it’s been a week and guess what.. He haven’t called yet. I have been thinking about calling him back, but he didn’t give me the exact company number to call. So that’s my sign to wait for his call. Even if I called, I might sound like I’m begging him to give me the job. That’s not nice, people…

So I came to a decision, if he called (God knows when..) I’m going to say that I’ll take that chance. I have to take the chance of being a contract-based worker. Because this opportunity won’t came to me twice. This is my chance. My chance to learn new things, meet new people, in a bigger environment where I could be the better person than I could be. This might sound unhealty, but I need a bigger environment to force myself to dig deeper into my brain. Expose every possible potential I’ve got inside me.

If he didn’t call ever, at least I still have my current job. A job where I felt so comfortable with. A job I knew like the palm of my hand. With people whom I am happily interacted with.

I just have to suppress the urge to seek new adrenalin rush…

PS : This just in.. He called! :D Not long after I post this blog :DDD

PPS : I didn't get the job. Not because I'm not qualified, but because my father is still working in the company :(

No comments: