Friday, March 2, 2012

Adele : Live at Royal Albert Hall

I finished downloading Adele’s DVD : Live at Royal Albert Hall, and listened to it countless times. I even listen to it while I’m writing this. That girl can REALLY sing!

She sang 17 of her new and old songs. "Ranging from Hometown Glory" until "Rollin’ In The Deep". The performance itself is amazing. The songs, the venue, the lighting, even the crowd, they’re just pitch perfect. 

I had a few favorite performances, mostly was the sad song at the last part of her performance. The first is "Make You Feel My Love". The main reason because the venue is sooooo pretty when they dim the light and the crowd put up their mobile phones. They had a huge disco ball and lights pointed at it.
Then she started to sing the song, which is a tribute to the late Amy Winehouse. I’ve got goose bumps right that moment. 

Then when she sang Bonnie Raitt’s "I Can’t Make You Love Me", my tears started to fall.  Mostly because I felt related to the song.  This song can make me feel really really happy, really really devastated and depressed at the same time, just like what she said before she sang it. Darn it! That girl really knows how to touch the vulnerable side of me!

And then, the classic “Someone Like You” came. Tell you the truth, I had never experienced the drama like she wrote on the song, but I always felt the pain. The pain of being left by the guy you love the most. I like the fact that she put herself together, and said to the guy “Okay, so you left me, but I’m okay without you. I’ll find another guy like you”. *gimme five, girl!*

I also like her last song, “Rollin’ In The Deep”. The interaction between Adele and the crowd was amazing! I like it when they sang along her song. Makes me wanna get up from my chair and dance, haha!

I’m going to recommend this DVD to my friends, or if you have time and proper internet connection, you can watch the full performance here

No comments: