Sunday, March 25, 2012

BIG wake up call on nuptials issue!

Just had a wake up call that justified every concern I had about nuptials. As you know, my brother’s marriage is approaching. Well, it’s still on November, but still.. his marriage preparation is not simple because he chose it to be.

I must give him credits for having the courage to marry someone with his current state. With their both state, I must say. If it were me, I wouldn’t even dare to mention the marriage word! If I ever  finally found a man to marry, I would make sure that everything is in a “safe” condition. The income, the pre and post marriage plan, the everything!

Maybe I think too much, but hey, we’re talking about my life and my spouse’s life here. For me, marriage isn’t about bringing two families together. There are other things that precedes it like do you want to have a marriage receptions, and if you do, how would you like your family or your spouse’s family to have it? Decision about where to live after the marriage. What will you do with your job? If you are a female, are you going to be a house wife or you can continue working? I mean, in this financial situation, I’d be crazy to even thinking of leaving my job, unless I’m going to marry a highly successful business man with tons of cash savings, which is unlikely to happen.

Marriage plan needs a lot of communication on both side of the family. Just because you and your spouse-to-be that’s getting married, doesn’t mean that it is your event. Well, if both of you finance your marriage plan, then do whatever you want to do. But if your still asking for aid from daddy’s bank account,  then you need to count both of your family in. That’s big, coming from someone with social disability like myself.

No comments: